Here are some of our events and programs:
- Duffel Bag Program: No more trash bags for our foster youth! When a child enters one of our foster homes, they are greeted with a new duffle bag on wheels and a handle with supplies and clothing. This is needed because they often arrive with nothing, or what they have is too small. When the child leaves the home they get to take their bag with them.
- Back to School Supplies and Clothing: The State pays a foster home about 60% of what it takes to raise a child in today’s society. We count on community support to fill in the gap and bak to school time is a large order.
- Parking Lot Sale: VIP event for our foster families to shop for free. The second half of the day we sell to the public as a fundraiser.
- Summer Picnic: We provide a great BBQ lunch for the families and games and prizes for the kids.
- Holiday Party: Every December we host an event filled with JOY for our families and youth. Santa gives each child a new pair of shoes and a toy.
- Holiday Help: Each families needs are different. We supplement those in strong need both for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Birthdays and Special Events: We make sure that the foster children have a Birthday Party with cake and gifts AND we provide funding for proms, homecoming, and other activities there is no state funding for.
- Monthly Support Group: We have 120 attendees each month and we feed them, provide activities for the kids and education for the parents.