- Back to School Supplies – Aug 2nd – Aug 12th:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a list of school supplies needed by a child in foster care. All supplies will be received by John L. Scott in Covington.
- AuburnFest Parade – Aug 10:
This Saturday, Foster Champs will be participating in their last parade of the year. Please join us in the Auburn High School parking lot at 10:00 AM. If you have a red Foster Champ shirt, please wear it, if not, Kathy will have extras. After the parade, Foster Champs will have a booth setup to accept donations of new pajamas. Let’s represent for Foster Champs in Auburn.
Here are some of our other events and programs:
- Duffel Bag Program: No more trash bags for our foster youth! When a child enters one of our foster homes, they are greeted with a new duffel bag on wheels and a handle with supplies and clothing. This is needed because they often arrive with nothing, or what they have is too small. When the child leaves the home they get to take their bag with them.
- Summer Picnic: We provide a great BBQ lunch for the families and games and prizes for the kids.
- Holiday Party: Every December we host an event filled with JOY for our families and youth. Santa gives each child a new pair of shoes and a toy.
- Holiday Help: Each families needs are different. We supplement those in strong need both for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Birthdays and Special Events: We make sure that the foster children have a Birthday Party with cake and gifts AND we provide funding for proms, homecoming, and other activities there is no state funding for.
- Monthly Support Group: We have 120 attendees each month and we feed them, provide activities for the kids and education for the parents.